Lunch always seems to be a struggle, doesn’t it? If you work at home like me, it can be a total interruption in a busy day. Necessary, but an interruption nonetheless. And if you work outside of the home, it’s a constant struggle to figure out what you might be in the mood for the next day, or what will travel well or even fit in the fridge at work.
But if you look at it, the real issue comes down to, #1 – what to make, and #2 – how long it takes to make. Because lets face it, if lunch was quick and easy, it wouldn’t be a struggle at all. Am I right?
Every year in August and September, people flock to my website for healthy lunch ideas for heading back to school. But it hasn’t escaped my attention that many of you grownups use those ideas for your own lunches too. You may not be in school, but it sure saves time and money if you can make something quick and tasty at home. At least I know that’s how it is for me!
SPONSORED: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
1. Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn't have to be hard. SmartAsset's free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes.
2. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you're ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals get started now.
Eating out at lunch is always an option, but lets face it. If you don’t prepare it at home, you don’t really know what’s in the food you’re eating, even if it’s supposedly healthy. I’ve had this proven to me again and again since I started eating plant based. I never go out to eat anymore because inevitably, I react to something in the food. Whatever it is that restaurants use or add just does not agree with me. So these days, I’m eating almost exclusively at home. And you know what? I’ve saved a ton of money doing that, not to mention I just feel so much better. There’s just no comparison! Even with healthy, vegan foods.
So if you are looking for quick lunch ideas that are both healthy and budget friendly, this is the list for you!!
- Clean Eating Apple & Smoked Gouda Lunchbox Kebobs
- Clean Eating Egg Salad Sandwich
- Grownup Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Clean Eating Pesto Turkey Sandwich
- Veggie Pita Sandwiches with Avocado Hummus
- Tuna Pinwheels
- Clean Eating Turkey Wraps
- Clean Eating Banana Wraps
- Clean and Skinny BLT Avocado Wrap
- Quick and Easy Black Bean Wrap
- Clean Eating Traditional Tuna Salad
- Clean Eating Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad
- Clean Eating Tangerine Walnut Chicken Salad
- Cucumber Avocado Caprese Salad
- Vegan Chickpea Salad (use this mayonnaise recipe)
More from MediaFeed:
- Today’s kids wouldn’t even recognize these common items from your childhood
- Are these America’s best suburbs?
Like MediaFeed’s content? Be sure to follow us.
10 healthy soup & stew recipes to pack for lunch
Featured Image Credit: rzoze19 / iStock.