For an adult treat that combines creamy fall flavors with a fun boozy twist, try these festive Rumchata Pudding Shots!
If you’re looking for a delicious boozy dessert that’s perfect for Halloween and the fall season, you’ve got to try these Rumchata pumpkin pudding shots.
They combine the classic cream liqueur with pumpkin flavored instant pudding mix for a creamy treat that’s great for parties, movie nights, and more! Pair your shots with a big bowl of Pumpkin Spice Popcorn for the ultimate fall afternoon snack!
It only takes a few ingredients to make these pudding Jello shots, which means they’re perfect for a quick and easy dessert.
This recipe includes directions for a Halloween-themed presentation, but feel free to customize these shots however you like.
Why You’ll Love Pudding Shots with Rumchata
As easy to make as they are fun, these pudding shots feature festive pumpkin flavored Rumchata and pumpkin pudding for a distinctly autumnal treat!
This boozy dessert is ideal for Halloween parties and other fall gatherings, and so simple to make.
Garnish with spooky sprinkles and a dollop of whipped cream to give your shots a cute and seasonal presentation that guests will love.
You can also substitute various ingredients to customize these Rumchata pudding shots to your liking! With lots of delicious options, you’ll love these adult treats this fall season.
Ingredients for Rumchata Pudding Shot Recipe
- Pumpkin Rumchata – this festive take on the classic cream liqueur combines Caribbean rum with cream and fall spices for a unique spirit.
- Whipped Topping – gives your shots a thick and creamy consistency that makes them so satisfying. Cool Whip is a good brand, but any kind of whipped topping will work perfectly fine.
- Pumpkin Pudding – great for the fall, instant pumpkin pudding provides additional sweet flavor and creamy texture.
- Whipped Cream – this optional ingredient is perfect for a finishing touch.
Helpful Tools and Supplies
- Halloween Sprinkles – If you’re serving these shots in October, using black, orange, and purple sprinkles is a great way to add a bit of flair. Otherwise, use fall-themed sprinkles to extend this recipe throughout the entire season.
- Condiment Cups – Instead of using glass shot cups, you can use these handy condiment cups as plastic shot glasses that are disposable and won’t break.
- Mixing Bowl – For combining all of your ingredients.
- Spoon – To transfer your pudding mixture to the condiment cups.
How to Make Rumchata Pudding Shots
- Combine the Pumpkin Rumchata and pumpkin pudding mix in a mixing bowl. Fold in the Cool Whip (or other whipped topping).
- Transfer mixture to condiment cups.
- Before serving, garnish with whipped cream and Halloween sprinkles.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- For other garnishes, use whipped cream and chocolate shavings, add creepy body part gummies, or stick a few pieces of candy corn into the whipped cream.
- You can also use fall-colored sprinkles or fancier kinds with leaf shapes to make this appropriate for any time in the autumn season.
- Rumchata Vanilla Pudding Shot – Use classic Rumchata and vanilla pudding mix for a similar shot that’s great year-round.
- Rumchata Chocolate Pudding Shot – Like the vanilla shot, use chocolate pudding and classic Rumchata for a decadent chocolatey version of these pudding shots. Jello, Dove, and Godiva are great brands to use for chocolate puddings.
- Rumchata Cheesecake Pudding Shot – Line the bottom of your condiment cups with crushed graham cracker crumbs. Use cheesecake pudding mix with classic Rumchata, or you could even use Pumpkin Rumchata. Garnish with additional crushed graham crackers.
- Be sure to hold off on the whipped cream and sprinkle garnish until directly before serving.
- Give the shots a bit of time to set in the fridge before serving, as they’ll be best cold.
- If you don’t want to serve these like shots, you can pair each condiment cup with a mini spoon so guests can eat at their own pace.
- This dessert can also be served more like a classic pudding in bowls. Allow guests to add their own toppings. Because it isn’t too strong, a slightly larger portion won’t have much more alcohol.
- Plastic condiment cups are great because they typically come with lids. Place the lids on the cups before storing.
- These will last up to 5 days in the fridge, so they’re great to prepare ahead of time.
- Place them all on a single tray or plate to make transportation much easier.
- Pudding shots can also be frozen for about 3 months or so. If you have leftovers or just want to extend their life, this is a fine option. Allow them to thaw in the fridge for several hours, or overnight if possible.
What is Rumchata?
This Wisconsin-made cream liqueur comes from a combination of the words rum and horchata. Horchata is a Mexican beverage that’s typically made with some kind of milk, ground rice, and cinnamon.
Rumchata takes that classic drink and mixes it with rum for a sweet and creamy spirit that’s great to use for various dessert cocktails.
Where can I buy Pumpkin Rumchata?
If you can’t find it at your grocery store, look at liquor stores in your area. Because the pumpkin flavor is a seasonal and limited edition flavor, it will only be available in the fall.
Can you drink Rumchata straight?
Absolutely! This liqueur is just under 14% ABV, which makes it great for casual sipping. The cream and spices combine with complex rum for a deliciously sweet beverage.
Rumchata Pudding Shots
- Combine the pumpkin Rumchata, whipped topping & pudding mix in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well together.
- Using a ladle, transfer the mixture to condiment cups.
- Garnish with whipped cream & Halloween sprinkles or garnsh of your choice..
- Don’t add the garnish until just before serving.
- Your shots will last up to 5 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Use more generic fall-themed sprinkles if you’re not serving these around Halloween.
This article originally appeared on Cocktails&Appetizers and was syndicated by MediaFeed.
- Rare photos of Bonnie & Clyde reveal the love between America’s most notorious criminal couple
- 10 of the wildest UFO stories we’ve ever heard
Like MediaFeed’s content? Be sure to follow us.