Why settle for a regular Christmas cupcakes when you can make these adorable edible Christmas Wreath Cupcakes for your family and friends to enjoy this holiday?!
These cute Christmas wreath cupcakes are easy to make and can be decorated with the help of your kids using piped icing, fondant, and your favorite sprinkles. Serve them to family and guests over the festive season on a dessert charcuterie board, gift them in paper boxes, or make them a center piece to your table in the shape of a wreath!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT CHRISTMAS WREATH CUPCAKES
The Christmas wreath is a symbolic representation of everlasting life through Christ, made traditionally with vegetation greenery. These adorable Christmas wreath cupcakes offer a fun and edible version of a classic holiday wreath that is easily made with cupcake bases, piped icing, fondant, and sprinkles!
HOW SHOULD I STORE THESE WREATH CUPCAKES?
Once fully assembled, store these cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature or the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
You can also store your Christmas cupcakes (unfrosted and without edible decoration) in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw them overnight at room temperature or in the refrigerator and frost and decorate them just before serving.
CAN I MAKE THESE CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES IN ADVANCE?
Yes, you can! Make the cupcake bases a day before assembling or freeze the cupcake bases up to 1 month.
Leave the frosting and edible decoration off your cupcakes until just before serving for the best taste and texture.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE EASY CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES
- Ensure that the cupcakes are completely cooled before icing them as the icing can melt and run off the cupcakes.
- If you want to skip making the cupcakes from scratch, go ahead and use store-bought plain cupcakes that haven’t been frosted or decorated. You’ll only be left with making the icing and decorating your Christmas cupcakes.
- I’ve made these Christmas wreath cupcakes with chocolate cupcake bases but you could also make vanilla cupcakes instead.
- Make gluten-free chocolate cupcakes by using gluten-free flour such as Bob’s Red Mill or plant-based flour.
- Make these Christmas wreath cupcakes with the kids as a fun holiday activity! Once the cupcakes are baked and cooled, each child can decorate a few cupcakes to make their own edible Christmas wreaths which can be proudly displayed on a round serving board in the shape of a wreath or enjoyed as a delicious sweet holiday treat after decorating!
- Mini wreath cupcakes can be made by using mini cupcake pans instead of regular pans. They’ll be so adorable, and easy to eat in one bite!
- Either add non-stick baking spray to the cupcake pan or add cupcake liners (plain or decorative). Cupcake liners are another great way to keep your cupcake bases moist for longer while in storage.
- I’ve used store-bought fondant for the stars on these holiday cupcakes for convenience but you could make your own fondant from scratch or even use star-shaped candy instead.
Go ahead and use your favorite sprinkles for decorating these Christmas wreath cupcakes. Sanding sugar or sugar pearls are also great options.
This article originally appeared on FoodnService and was syndicated by MediaFeed.
More from MediaFeed:
- Science says this ‘70s rock hit is the catchiest song of our time
- 20 incredible movies so disturbing we never want to see them again
Like MediaFeed’s content? Be sure to follow us.