Nearly half of Americans think President Joe Biden is highly responsibility for the current inflation trend, according to a YouGov and The Economist survey reported by Statista.
The survey, conducted between April 30 and May 3, found that 46% of Americans surveyed believed that Biden has “a lot” of responsibility for America’s inflation. In comparison, about a quarter of respondents thought Biden did not have a lot of responsibility for the current inflation rate.
As of March, the U.S. monthly inflation rate was 8.5%.
Here are the full results to how Americans responded to the question, “How much responsibility does Joe Biden have for the current trend in the inflation rate?”
SPONSORED: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
1. Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn't have to be hard. SmartAsset's free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes.
2. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you're ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals get started now.
- A lot: 46%
- Some: 30%
- Not much: 25%
YouGov and The Economist asked 1,481 adult Americans this question via an online survey. You can find more information about the survey here.
Statista also recently reported that 36% of Americans think President Joe Biden was highly responsible for the current trend in the U.S. unemployment rate. Just 27% of Americans believed Biden had little responsibility for the unemployment rate.
Another survey by Statista and YouGov found that the majority of Americans (39%) believed that Biden was a very weak leader. Only 16% of surveyed adult Americans thought Biden was a very strong leader. Additionally, in a survey of U.S. adults in May 2022, just around half of the respondents held an unfavorable opinion of Biden. In comparison, 12% had a somewhat unfavorable, and 39% had a very unfavorable opinion.
- Here’s how Biden’s approval ratings compare to Obama’s and Trump’s
- Majority of Americans think Biden is a ‘weak’ leader
- Drug offenders get major break from Biden
This article was produced and syndicated by MediaFeed.org.