SPONSORED: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
1. Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn't have to be hard. SmartAsset's free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes.
2. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you're ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals get started now.
Key steps to determine your holiday budget
Quick ways to earn extra gift money
- Look for odd jobs: Think about a few quick jobs you could do to earn money such as babysitting or helping a neighbor hang holiday lights.
- Gift an experience: Consider giving your loved ones vouchers for dinner at their favorite restaurant or a trip to the nail salon. As these outings are likely to take place after the holidays, it gives you more time to come up with the cash.
- Trim everyday spending: Look at your recent spending and identify places where you can cut down for a few weeks– like skipping your coffee run or avoiding new video game purchases. These cuts might sound small, but you’ll be surprised how quickly the dollars add up!
- Use gift cards: Take a few minutes to check your wallet and dig through desk drawers in case you’ve misplaced a birthday gift card from grandma or other funds you could put towards your holiday shopping budget.
- Suggest a Secret Santa: In talking with friends and family, you might find that many of them are ready to ditch the long gift lists, opting for a secret gift exchange where they only have to focus on one person.
About the survey
Image Credit: CentralITAlliance/ iStock.