Wine consumption in the U.S. increased during the first six months of Covid. Generation Y were the generation most likely to have increased their wine drinking across all wine types in the six months following lockdown in the United States in 2020. In particular, 51.6 percent of Gen Y survey respondents stated they had increased their consumption of dessert wines.
Here is the growth in wine consumption in the United States in six months following lockdown in 2020, by generation and type of wine.
Image Credit: Tatiana Dragunova / iStock.
SPONSORED: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
1. Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn't have to be hard. SmartAsset's free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes.
2. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you're ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals get started now.
- Gen Z: 15.30% increase in consumption
- Gen Y: 38.70%
- Gen X: 34%
- Baby Boomers: 10%
- Matures: 2%
Image Credit: Giuseppe Lombardo / iStock.
- Gen Z: 16.80% increase in consumption
- Gen Y: 42%
- Gen X: 26.70%
- Baby Boomers: 13.70%
- Matures: 0.80%
Image Credit: Liudmila Chernetska / iStock.
- Gen Z: 16.50% increase in consumption
- Gen Y: 48.20%
- Gen X: 28.20%
- Baby Boomers: 7.10%
- Matures: 0%
Image Credit: Piero Facci / iStock.
- Gen Z: 17.90% increase in consumption
- Gen Y: 48.70%
- Gen X: 23.10%
- Baby Boomers: 10.30%
- Matures: 0%
Image Credit: Olga Ihnatsyeva / iStock.
- Gen Z: 16.10% increase in consumption
- Gen Y: 51.60%
- Gen X: 27.40%
- Baby Boomers: 3.20%
- Matures: 1.60%
Image Credit: bhofack2 / iStock.
Statista used data from the Texas Wine Marketing Research Institute’s report called “The effect of COVID-19 on U.S. wine consumption: Six months after original lockdown.” The report was published in May 2021. You can find more information here.
This article originally appeared on Statista.com and was syndicated by MediaFeed.org.
Image Credit: Kaleidopix / iStock.
More from MediaFeed
This 1730 restaurant is the oldest in the US
Image Credit: thegoldenlamb / Instagrm.