MediaFeed is an independent digital media platform run by experienced journalists and content strategists. We produce, publish and distribute content in a variety of verticals, including travel, money, lifestyle, food, health, small business, auto, entertainment and tech. MediaFeed articles regularly appear on MSN.com and throughout its contributor network.
On this page:
Meet our team
Michael Schreiber is MediaFeed’s founder and president. He is an Emmy- and duPont-winning journalist and media executive, and has worked with The New York Times, Frontline, HBO, ABC News and NBC News.
Constance Brinkley-Badgett is MediaFeed’s executive editor. She has more than 20 years of experience in digital, broadcast and print journalism, as well as several years of agency experience in content marketing. She has served as a digital producer at NBC Nightly News, Senior Producer at CNBC, Managing Editor at ICF Next, and as a tax reporter at Bloomberg BNA.
Kris Collingridge is MediaFeed’s deputy editor. She has worked as a print and digital journalist and editor for nearly 20 years. She was arts & entertainment editor at Seattle-based news magazine ParentMap, then a producer and editor at MSN, where she drove audience engagement as programmer of the Travel section.
Kaitlyn Farley is MediaFeed’s senior editor. She is a graduate of Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism, specializing in social justice and investigative reporting. She has worked at various radio stations and newsrooms, covering higher-education, local politics, natural disasters and investigative and watchdog stories related to Title IX and transparency issues.
Interested in partnering with us?
If you’d like to contribute content to MediaFeed, publish content from MediaFeed, or if you’d like help establishing or growing a legitimate editorial operation, email us here.
Companies that partner with MediaFeed.org must adhere to our editorial standards. These include:
- Original and editorially-sound news content. Content on MediaFeed.org is written and edited by real journalists, columnists or subject matter experts. Articles must be well-researched, well-sourced, well-edited and fact-checked. Content on MediaFeed.org must be originally created by the author, and contain all appropriate attributions when using third-party data and quotes.
- No marketing of products. The purpose of these articles isn’t to sell a particular service or item from the brand creating the article. That said, articles may include links to books written by the writers of articles or related content on the writer’s website. We may feature product review articles and links to those products on e-commerce sites (like Amazon), but the presence of those links cannot impact the editorial content of the article. The goal is to help establish writers and sites as objective authorities on different subjects, not to sell any particular item.
- Objectivity. If MediaFeed.org contributors can’t write about something objectively because it may conflict with business interests, then they won’t write about it. For example, the sales team can’t tell the editorial team what to write.
- Conflicts. MediaFeed.org is a real no-spin zone and all conflicts of interest, whether real or perceived, must be declared. (The big news organizations do it, and so must all MediaFeed.org contributors.)
- No pay for play. No content on MediaFeed.org can favor a particular brand (even the one that produced it) in exchange for any financial benefit. That means, if you’re reading a review of a particular item, the maker of that item didn’t pay someone in exchange for being included in the article.
MediaFeed’s Editorial Guideline Policy
MediaFeed is committed to providing accurate, fair and unbiased news coverage to our audience. Our mission is to deliver high-quality journalism that informs, educates and engages our readers while upholding the principles of integrity, transparency and accountability.
- Accuracy and Fairness: Our team verifies information rigorously before publishing. We attribute information to reliable sources and provide a balanced representation of diverse perspectives.
- Independence and Integrity: We are committed to avoiding conflicts of interest that may compromise journalistic integrity. Our site clearly distinguishes between news reporting and opinion pieces. We refrain from accepting gifts, favors or compensation that could influence reporting. While MediaFeed is an independent news and education site, we may earn revenue through affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to a product in one of our articles, and ultimately purchase that product, we may be paid a fee. The inclusion of those links, however, does not impact the editorial content.
- Transparency: We clearly disclose sources and methods used in the reporting process, correct errors promptly and transparently, and clearly label sponsored or paid content.
- Privacy and Sensitivity: We respect individuals’ privacy rights in reporting. We exercise caution and sensitivity when reporting on traumatic events and avoid unnecessary harm or sensationalism in the pursuit of a story.
- Editorial Independence and Process: Our site clearly distinguishes between editorial content and advertising. We maintain editorial independence from advertisers. Our team follows a transparent editorial process from idea generation to publication. We conduct regular editorial meetings to discuss and assess content strategy.
- Community Engagement: We encourage reader feedback and constructive criticism. Our goal is to foster a sense of community by responding to reader comments and inquiries, as well as monitoring and moderating user-generated content to ensure a respectful and inclusive environment.
- Diversity and Inclusivity: We strive to represent a diverse range of voices, perspectives and communities. We are mindful of language and images to avoid perpetuating stereotypes or biases.
- Social Media Use: Our team uses social media responsibly to promote content and engage with the audience. We clearly distinguish between personal and professional social media use and always avoid sharing unverified information on social media platforms.
- Compliance with Legal Standards: We adhere to local, national, and international laws and regulations and seek legal advice when necessary to ensure compliance with defamation, libel, and copyright laws.
Review and Revision: This editorial guideline policy will be regularly reviewed and updated to adapt to changing journalistic standards, industry best practices, and the evolving needs of our audience.
Acknowledgment: All members of the editorial team are expected to read, understand, and adhere to this editorial guideline policy. Violations of these guidelines may result in disciplinary action, including termination.
Date of Last Revision: January 9, 2024
MediaFeed Editorial Corrections Policy
At MediaFeed, we are committed to providing accurate and reliable information to our readers. In the event that errors occur, we strive to correct them promptly and transparently. This editorial corrections policy outlines our approach to addressing and rectifying errors in our content.
- Identification of Errors: Our editorial team is responsible for monitoring and identifying errors in published content. We encourage our readers to bring any potential errors to our attention through the designated channels (email, comments, or a dedicated corrections form).
- Types of Corrections
Minor Errors: Typos, grammatical errors, and minor inaccuracies will be corrected without a separate correction notice.
Substantive Errors: Material inaccuracies or significant errors that impact the overall understanding of a story will be corrected with a clear correction notice.
- Corrections Process: Upon identification of an error, the editorial team will promptly review and verify the accuracy of the correction. Corrections will be made directly within the article, and a note will be added at the end of the article explaining the nature of the correction.
- Correction Notice: A correction notice will include a brief explanation of the error and the correction made. The notice will be placed prominently at the end of the corrected article to ensure visibility.
- Timeliness of Corrections: Corrections will be made as soon as the error is verified, regardless of the time of day. If a correction impacts the understanding of breaking news, efforts will be made to correct it promptly and visibly.
- Transparency and Accountability: We are committed to being transparent about our mistakes and taking responsibility for correcting them. The corrections policy is easily accessible to readers on our website.
- Handling Retractions: In cases where a published article is found to be substantially incorrect, misleading or harmful, we will issue a retraction notice. Retractions will be clearly labeled, explaining the reason for retracting the content.
- Reader Engagement: We encourage readers to engage with us regarding corrections and provide feedback on our corrections process. Reader feedback will be taken into consideration for ongoing improvements to our editorial processes.
Review and Revision: This corrections policy will be regularly reviewed and updated to ensure its effectiveness in maintaining the highest standards of accuracy and transparency.
Date of Last Revision: January 9, 2024
MediaFeed AI Policy
MediaFeed recognizes the potential benefits of incorporating artificial intelligence (AI) technologies into our journalistic practices. Our AI policy establishes our guidelines for responsible and ethical use of AI in our editorial processes while upholding the principles of accuracy, fairness, transparency and accountability.
- Purpose of AI Integration: AI technologies may be employed to enhance efficiency, accuracy and innovation in our journalistic endeavors. The primary goal is to streamline production processes rather than replace journalistic judgment and ethics.
- Ethical Considerations: AI applications may be used in alignment with journalistic ethics and values. We ensure that AI algorithms do not perpetuate biases or contribute to unfair representation.
- Editorial Oversight: Our editorial team always maintains human control over all decision-making processes. Editorial teams are responsible for overseeing and validating all AI-generated content.
- Data Privacy: We protect user privacy and adhere to data protection regulations. Our site clearly communicates to users how their data is collected, processed and used in relation to AI technologies.
- Transparency and Disclosure: Our site clearly discloses when AI technologies are used in content creation or curation. We provide information on the role of AI in the editorial process to ensure transparency with the audience.
- Bias Mitigation: We regularly assess content generated by AI algorithms to minimize and correct biases.
- Accountability and Responsiveness: Our team has established mechanisms for accountability in case of errors or unintended consequences related to AI. We are responsive to user concerns and feedback regarding the use of AI technologies.
- Continuous Learning and Adaptation: We strive to stay informed about advancements in AI technologies and ethical considerations, and adapt AI policies as needed to address emerging challenges and opportunities.
- Review and Revision: This AI policy will undergo regular review to incorporate advancements in AI technology, address ethical considerations, and adapt to changes in industry best practices.
Date of Last Revision: January 9, 2024
Have more questions? Email the team directly at email@example.com.