If you’re looking to replicate the taste of the popular Starbucks Pumpkin bread at home, this copycat recipe is for you! You can make this loaf easily in one bowl and the result is a super moist texture with that irresistible pumpkin taste!
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- Flour: For best results use all-purpose flour. We haven’t made this recipe with a 1:1 gluten-free flour, but are pretty sure it will turn out well.
- Pumpkin pie spice: A little pumpkin pie spice adds a warming sweetness to the bread. If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use ¼ teaspoon each of ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Baking soda and salt: so that the bread rises when it is baked in the oven and isn’t dense.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter for the best results. Allow it to soften before using so that it mixes well with the other ingredients and you have an even texture.
- Sugar: We use cane sugar and light brown sugar in this recipe for a complex sweetness.
- Eggs: To bind the ingredients together.
- Pumpkin: Use pure canned pumpkin to make this recipe. Don’t use a pumpkin pie filling which has added sugars and spices.
- Vanilla extract: For flavor and sweetness. A pure vanilla extract is preferable, but imitation will work well in this recipe.
- Pumpkin seeds: The pumpkin seeds are sprinkled on top of the bread before being baked. They are optional but add a great texture and look so pretty – like the Starbucks bread!
For more easy Christmas morning breakfast recipes, click here!
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN BREAD
- Start by creaming together the sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer or with a handheld mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Mix in the canned pumpkin and vanilla extract until it looks well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until you don’t see any more flour streaks. You can add the dry ingredients one at a time or mix them together in a bowl first and then add all together.