Let’s be honest — every day is a good day to shop at Target.
That being said, there are times when Target will advertise daily markdowns or yearly deals, and you’re going to want to be clued in. Target is one of the most popular retailers in the world. It has everything you could ever need, from fashionable clothing and beauty products to home decor, office supplies and more.
SPONSORED: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
1. Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn't have to be hard. SmartAsset's free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes.
2. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you're ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals get started now.
If you’re someone who loves a good deal, then you’re in the right place! We’re revealing all the best times to shop at Target, including the Target Toy Clearance and the post-holiday savings events.
Target Weekly Ad
The Target Weekly Ad is one of the best ways to save money at Target. The catalog includes all the available savings for the week and is updated every Sunday between midnight and 2:00 PM central time. Shoppers can use the weekly ad to save on home goods, apparel, outdoor items, electronics and more.
Target Markdown Schedule
Did you know that Target follows a weekly markdown schedule? The majority of stores will place various categories on clearance throughout the week. Here’s what to look for at your local Target store:
- Monday: Accessories, Baby Items, Books, Electronics and Kids’ Apparel
- Tuesday: Cleaning Products, Food, Pet Items and Women’s Apparel
- Wednesday: Beauty & Health, Diapers, Furniture, Garden & Lawn Care and Men’s Apparel
- Thursday: Decor, Housewares, Lingerie, Luggage, Shoes, Sporting Goods and Toys
- Friday: Auto, Hardware, Jewelry and Makeup
Target End-of-Season Sales
Target will offer sizable discounts towards the end of every season. For example, August and September are the best times to shop for outdoor essentials, including patio furniture, swimwear and grills, because summer is winding down. When the demand for items is low, there are usually low price tags to match.
Target Fitness & Storage Sales
January is the best time to shop for fitness equipment and home organization solutions. That’s because Target will be advertising New Year’s sales featuring weights, resistance bands, shelves and bins.
Target Home & Kitchen Sales
Plan to shop at Target in May if you’re in the market for home goods or kitchen appliances. Wedding and graduation season inspires price drops on bedding, cookware, decor, kitchen gadgets and more.
Target Back-to-School Sales
The back-to-school sale is one of the biggest shopping events at Target. Starting in July, the store will begin rolling out classroom staples, including office supplies, binders, backpacks, laptops and dorm room accessories. The longer you wait to shop, the better the deals will be. If you can wait until the first week of September to shop, you’ll find major clearance deals when it comes to school essentials.
Target Baby Sales
Not many shoppers know this, but Target has been known to lower the prices on baby items for a full week in both September and February. Shoppers can also save money when they sign up for a baby registry at Target. We have a whole guide on Target registries, including how you can get free diapers and toys.
Target Toy Clearance
The Target Toy Clearance occurs twice a year, once in January and once in July. This is when customers can find as much as 90% off name-brand toys like Barbie, Fisher-Price, Hasbro, LEGO and Melissa & Doug. The markdowns usually take place on a Thursday, and the deals will be better over time. If you notice an item marked at 30% off, wait until the end of the month to see if it goes down to 70-90% off.
Black Friday at Target
Target always hosts a Black Friday Sale. Though Black Friday occurs the day after Thanksgiving, the store will release its Black Friday Sale Ad a few weeks in advance (typically around the first or second week of November). This is a great way to save on holiday gifts for the whole family.
Cyber Monday at Target
Hosted the Monday after Thanksgiving, Target also participates in Cyber Monday. Shoppers will find impressive savings on things like electronics, small appliances and more.
Target Holiday Sales
One of the best things about shopping at Target is that the store hosts sales for almost every holiday. Some of the most popular holiday weekend sales include Memorial Day, Labor Day and Presidents’ Day Weekend, all of which offer great times to buy mattresses, outdoor essentials and home goods. When it comes to Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, you’ll find price cuts on gifts for mom and dad. And of course, Target advertises deals for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas — any holiday is a reason to shop.
Target Post-Holiday Sales
The only thing better than the holiday sales at Target are the post-holiday sales. Target will offer some serious markdowns on festive decor the day after major holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you’re in the market for a new Christmas tree or gift wrap, December 26 is the best time to shop. In years past, these clearance deals have reached up to 90% off seasonal items. This goes for smaller holidays as well, including Valentine’s Day and the Fourth of July.
Easy Ways to Save at Target
In addition to the yearly shopping events, there are ways to save money at Target every single day. Here are some of our favorite ways for shoppers to maximize their savings:
- Get 5% off. Shoppers can get 5% off every purchase when they use the Target RedCard credit card. Cardholders will also get access to exclusive deals and a longer return period.
- Shop the clearance rack. You can increase your savings by shopping in-store. At the end of every aisle, look for the small clearance rack. This is where you’ll be able to find significant markdowns.
- Shop the Dollar Section. The Dollar Section is one of our favorite things about Target! Conveniently located right when you walk in, the Dollar Section is brimming with items for $1. This is a great way to stock up on home decor, activities for the kids, candles, pillows, faux flowers and more.
More from MediaFeed:
More smart ways to save when you shop Target
Featured Image Credit: DepositPhotos.com.