If you and your loved one like to mix things up a bit, especially when it comes to cocktails, we’ve got some really tasty treats for you. Whether you like vodka, gin, cognac, rum or a combination of a few of these, one of our six cocktails is sure to please.
1. Between the Sheets
If you want something really special and don’t mind dropping a few hundred coin on ingredients, Between the Sheets is a smooth operator. This recipe makes two cocktails.
- 2 oz. Frérot Extra Cognac
- 2 oz. Ten To One White Rum
- 2 oz. orange liqueur (like Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- 0.5 oz. fresh lemon juice
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into coupe glasses. Garnish with a flamed orange peel. Enjoy.
2. Mozart Chocolate Martini
Want an indulgent chocolate cocktail that will have your romantic partner oohing and aahing? This is it.
SPONSORED: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
1. Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn't have to be hard. SmartAsset's free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes.
2. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you're ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals get started now.
2 parts Mozart Dark Chocolate Liqueur
2 parts your favorite vodka
Mix equal parts Mozart Dark Chocolate Liqueur with vodka. Shake with ice. Pour into martini glass. Garnish with a strawberry slice or, before filling glass, swirl some chocolate sauce all around the rim and let it drip down the inside of the glass.
3. Tropical Romance
Want a lighter chocolate option? The chocolate bitters in the Tropical Romance provides just a whisper of sultry cocoa in a light and refreshing drink.
- 2 oz. Larga Vida Rum
- 1 barspoon Simple Syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 2 dashes Chocolate Bitters
Stir all ingredients together over ice. Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube or strain into a coupe. Enjoy it while it lasts.
4. Peat’s Treat (Partner of a Peat)
Prefer your adult beverages neat and tidy? Pour Son of a Peat: The Reedemer in a glass, drink neat or on the rocks and pair with a piece of dark chocolate. Perfect for enjoying in pairs!
5. Hey, Honey
This fresh twist on the classic whiskey sour is sure to get your sweetheart’s attention.
- 2 oz Four Roses Small Batch bourbon
- 1 ½ oz Honey Simple Syrup
- ½ oz Lemon Juice
- 5 drops Angostura Bitters
Mix all ingredients. Serve over ice and enjoy.
6. Red Velvet Shortcake
Feel like your mixology skills are limited? This recipe from TheSpruceEats is simple enough that anyone can make it.
- 2 strawberries (hulled, sliced)
- 1 1/2 ounces cake flavored vodka
- 1 splash lemon juice
- 4 ounces cream soda (or enough to fill)
- Garnish: 1 strawberry
- In a cocktail shaker, add two fresh strawberries. Muddle well.
- Add the vodka and lemon juice. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well
- Strain into a chilled highball glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top with soda and garnish with a strawberry or other Valentine’s Day goodies.
This article was produced and syndicated by MediaFeed.org.