She’s the person who knows you better than anyone else in the world, who made you chicken soup when you were ill, put you in time out when you misbehaved, and cheered you on every step of the way. No wonder there’s a special day dedicated to mothers to recognize their lifetime of selfless love.
So whether you’re planning a surprise party, a trip, or a gift or bouquet for your mom this year, make sure you also let her know exactly how much she means to you. To help you, here’s a selection of the best short messages to write on your Mother’s Day gift card for that very special person in your life.
The Best Mother’s Day Messages
As the second Sunday in May approaches, you’re thinking of choosing a Mother’s Day gift and planning your celebrations. And you’re also looking for just the right words to put on your Mother’s Day greeting card that will tell your mom how much she means to you.
The best short messages to include on your Mother’s Day cards can reflect your relationship, which has been full of love, support, and challenges. It’s also a nice gesture to include mothers-in-law or stepmoms in the day’s celebrations since they, too, play such an important part in your life.
To help you get started, here’s a compilation of quotes and messages that you can use for greeting cards for your mom and others in your life who are caught up in this great adventure.
- “The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children.” You taught me everything I know about growing up in this world, and I can never thank you enough.
- “A mother’s love is everything.”
- “I can imagine no heroism greater than motherhood.” You are my hero, Mom.
- “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It’s an act of infinite optimism.” Thanks for taking a chance on me.
- “Perhaps it takes courage to raise children.” For the bravest and most loving mom in the world. “My mother has a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.” Thanks for putting up with all the trouble and helping to make me what I am.
If you’d like to include a floral bouquet along with your Mother’s Day card, she’ll love it if you pick one that matches her personality and spirit.
Mothers-in-law are mothers you share with your partner, and they’re often your best allies. Strong and loving, they gave you one of the best things in your life. They’re wonderful grandmothers to your kids too.
- “My marriage gave me the perfect husband/wife, and as a bonus, I found a true friend in you.”
- Now I know why my husband/wife is such an amazing person. He/she has an amazing mother.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to my seriously kick-a$$ mother-in-law and a wonderful grandmother to my kids.”
- “Thank you for welcoming me into your family and trusting me with your favorite recipes.”
For a Stepmom
A stepmom is a very special person who becomes an extra or bonus mother and a loving presence in your life.
- “You’re a twofer: a bonus mom and a friend! Thank you for being part of my life.”
- “I’m so glad my dad fell in love with you and brought you into our lives.”
- “I didn’t know I needed a bonus mom, but I’m lucky to have you.”
For a Friend or Relative Who’s a Mom
A friend or relative, like a cousin or sister, who is a mother, is probably at the stage of dealing with the challenging parts of motherhood, whether it’s rowdy infants or rebellious teens. So they need to be reminded of their strengths as well as the incredible adventure that is motherhood. Here are some quotes and messages that will help send the message they need.
- “The very fact that you worry about being a good mom means that you already are one.”
- “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.”
- “Once you’re a mom, you’re always a mom. It’s like riding a bike, you never forget.”
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.”
- “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had.”
- “Ever since you patched up my scraped knee in kindergarten, I always knew you’d be a great mom!”
As Mother’s Day approaches, it’s time to think about and be grateful for that mysterious bond and the love and support that have sustained you.
8 mother-daughter getaways perfect for Mother’s Day
Featured Image Credit: DepositPhotos.com.