When building a home theatre system, there are several elements to consider to get the best listening and viewing experience for your space.
Do you already have a streaming media device? Do you want a new smart TV? Are you interested in Dolby Atmos or a TV that has 4K or 8K? And do I already use a voice assistant, and want a system that works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Samsung’s SmartThings or LG’s ThinQ?
GearBrain can help you figure out everything you need to know about these devices and even how to put them together in our Connected Home Theatre Guide. We’ll also help you find the best deals for each of these connected home theatre devices as well, so you can build the home setup that’s right for you.
Note that the prices listed below may be different from real-time prices.
Streaming Media Devices
As more consumers cut the cord and get their content from streaming media services, there are a number of viable streaming media devices they can consider.
There are devices made by Roku, Apple, Amazon and Google (Chromecast), to name just a few. Listed below are the best deals we have found for the month of March at Walmart, Best Buy and Amazon.
- Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Remote – $39.99, 20% off
- Fire TV Stick Lite with Alexa Remote– $24.99, 17% off
- Roku Express – HD Streaming Media Player and Remote – $24.99, 17% off
2. Best Buy
- Roku Premier 4K Streaming Media Player – $34.99, 12% savings
- Google Chromecast with Google TV – 4K – $49.99
- Google Chromecast 3rd Gen – $29.99
To learn even more about these streaming media devices, see the best TV streaming devices from Google, Amazon, Roku and Apple in 2021.
Smart Connected Speakers
To get the best sound for your connected home theatre system, smart speakers are a great choice. These connected devices work on a wireless link and support voice control of various systems, including a smart TV.
They can also control streaming media devices, as well as the content you stream. Smart speakers also come in different shapes, sizes and brands with options including Apple, Google and Amazon. Here are the best deals we have found for smart speakers in March.
- Echo 4th Gen with Alexa – Buy 2, save $20 off original price with Amazon’s code ECHO2PACK
- Bose Home Speaker 500 with Alexa Built-in – $299, 25% off
5. Best Buy
- Sonos Package – Beam Soundbar, Sonos Sub (Gen 3) and Sonos One SL Speaker – $1,359.96, $100 off
- Google Nest Audio Smart Speaker – $99.99
- Package: Apple HomePod Mini and Wemo Smart Plug – $119.98, $5 savings
To learn more about the best smart speakers, you can visit GearBrain’s List of best smart speakers and displays for your smart home.
A great screen is a solid addition to a connected home theater system, pairing with both smart controls and sound.
Televisions have morphed from big picture tubes to smart connected devices with powerful operating systems that can create the ultimate viewing experience.
Some can act as a hub for a smart home too, as they connect to the internet and are compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant platforms. Here are some of the deals we found on smart TVs from leading brands including Sony, LG and Samsung, as well as newer ones from Vizio and Hisense.
- Sony X900H 65 inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – $1,198, 14% off
- Sony X800 65 Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – $898, 10% off
8. Best Buy
- Samsung Q70T Series QLED 4K UHD Smart TV – $1,099.99, $200 off
- Hisense 55″ H6510G Series LED 4K UHD Smart Android TV – $349.99, $50 off
- Vizio 70″ V-Series Led 4K UHD SmartCast TV – $649.99
- Insignia 55″ LED 4K UHD Smart Fire TV Edition – $329.99, $100 off
- Vizio 50″ 4K UHD LED SmartCast TV – $289.88, 12% off
- Vizio 70″ V-Series Led 4K UHD SmartCast TV – $588, 22% off
- Samsung 50″ 4K UHD LED Smart TV with HDR – $367.99
- LG 65″ 4K UHD 2160P Smart TV – $516
More Smart TVs
To learn about more about how to buy a smart TV, visit GearBrain’s The complete jargon-busting guide to buying a new television in 2021. You will learn everything you need to know about buying a smart TV as well as details about features including HDR, Ultra HD, OLED, ports and apps.
Image Credit: AppleAlertMe