Most Americans disapprove of how President Joe Biden is handling the Ukraine War, according from data Statista gathered from The Economist and YouGov.
Russian forces invaded Ukraine on Feb. 24, just three after Russian President Vladimir Putin recognized the independence of Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics. Put claimed he launched the attacks to protect Donbas residents from the Ukranian government.
In March, YouGov and The Economist surveyed 1,487 adult Americans on how they believed Biden was handling the Ukraine war. The survey found that almost a quarter of Americans (24%) somewhat approved of how Biden was handling the Ukraine-Russia situation. Another 30% strongly disapproved on how Biden was handling the situation.
Here’s how all surveyed Americans ranked Biden’s handling of the Ukraine situation:
SPONSORED: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
1. Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn't have to be hard. SmartAsset's free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes.
2. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you're ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals get started now.
- Strongly approve: 18%
- Somewhat approve: 24%
- Somewhat disapprove: 15%
- Strongly disapprove: 30%
- Note sure: 13%
Another survey by Statista and YouGov found that the majority of Americans (39%) believed that Biden was a very weak leader. Only 16% of surveyed adult Americans thought Biden was a very strong leader.
During the same month, March, Biden’s approval rating was 42%, down from 54% in March 2021. Gallup found that Generation Z (born 1997 to 2004) was found to have the highest drop in approval ratings. Just 39% of Generation Z approved of Biden, a drop of 21 percentage points since the first half of 2021, according to Statista.
- Majority of Americans think Biden is a ‘weak’ leader
- Drug offenders get major break from Biden
- How Biden’s new bill could help you save more for retirement
- Inflation is hitting these Americans the hardest
- Was the latest student loan pause really necessary?
- Which generation approves of Biden the least?
This article was produced and syndicated by MediaFeed.org.