It’s back-to-school season, which means it’s also time to start lining up quick and easy snacks to get your kids through the day. Whether you’re looking for a healthy midday snack or a chocolatey treat to celebrate the end of their first day of school, we’ve rounded up some of the best snacks you can buy at some of your favorite stores.
1. Virginia Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Nuggets
2. Kirkland Signature Organic Dried Mangoes
Looking for a healthier alternative to fruit snacks? Dried fruit may be a great choice, and these dried mangoes are practically a cult classic for Costco snack fans!
SPONSORED: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
1. Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn't have to be hard. SmartAsset's free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes.
2. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you're ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals get started now.
3. Barcel Takis Tortilla Chips Flavor Pack
If your kids have a taste for salty, spicy snacks, they’ll love these mini bags of Takis! You might even find yourself snagging a bag or two for yourself…
4. Nutella & Go
This is a quick, on-the-go version of the classic hazelnut spread. It’s great for busy kids who have a sweet tooth.
5. Kirkland Signature Organic Applesauce
This organic applesauce is a great (and cheap!) swap if you’re looking to find a less sugary applesauce without sacrificing taste.
6. Kar’s Trail Mix Variety Pack
Variety packs of trail mix are great for a multi-kid household, as there’s always a flavor for every kid!
7. Kirkland Signature Extra Fancy Mixed Nuts
While these mixed nuts don’t come in a convenient on-the-go size, they are a great, cheaper alternative. If you need to take them to go, just throw them in a reusable tupperware or a sandwich bag!
8. Kirkland Signature Cheese, Fruit & Nut Snack Packs
Do you want a snack that’s actually three-in-one? This cheese, fruit & nut snack pack is a healthy, protein-filled option that you will feel great giving to your kids!
9. Nutri-Grain Bars 64 Pack
Sure, you can get Nutri-Grain Bars anywhere, but can you get 64 for them for about $16? You can at Costco!
10. Paradise Green Dried Ginger Chunks
OK, so this one may take some convincing to get your kids to try, but they’ll be glad they did! It’s a great, healthier candy alternative for those who like strong flavors!
11. Les Petites Carrots of Many Colors
Veggies are always easier to eat when they look pretty, and these colorful carrots are no exception! Keep reading for a great dipping option.
12. Dill Pickle Hummus
We all know that person who’s obsessed with dill pickles … and the odds are high that someone in your household is one such person! Encourage them to eat their veggies by giving them this tasty dip!
13. World’s Puffiest White Cheddar Corn Puffs
We can’t confirm that these actually are the world’s puffiest corn puffs, but we can tell you they sure are addictive!
14. These Peanuts Go On A Date Bars
These bars not only have a cute name, but they’re also full of natural flavors that your kids will love.
15. Candy Coated Chocolate Peanuts
Candy, chocolate and peanuts. Need we say more?
16. Five Seed Almond Bars
If you’re looking for more easy-to-grab bars, these almond bars are worth picking up. They’re full of nutty goodness and have a great crunch.
17. Scandinavian Swimmers
So these may just be gummy snacks, but they sure are cuter than gummy worms!
18. PB & J Snack Duo
Do your kids love peanut butter and jelly? Then this snack duo may be a great ready-to-go alternative that’s less messy!
19. Soft Strawberry Licorice Twists
Licorice isn’t usually the first snack your kids may think of, but these super-soft and flavorful strawberry ones are well worth giving a try.
20. Dark Chocolate Cookie Sticks
If your kids like Pocky, then these cookie sticks are a must-buy alternative!
21. Tropical Trail Mix
This tropical trail mix is a great snack to have on hand for some after school, pre-dinner munchies.
22. Simply Nature Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
While these do taste great with salsa, they’re so good you can even eat them plain!
23. Benton’s Peanut Butter Filled Cookies
Are Girl Scout Cookies a big hit at your home? Then you must try these peanut butter cookies, which taste like Tagalongs.
24. Southern Grove Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin is a great fall flavor, but these pumpkin seeds are so good (and cheap!) that you’ll be buying them year-round!
25. Southern Grove On The Go Trail Sweet and Salty Mix
Still looking for some easy snacks to add to a backpack or lunchbox? Grab this classic trail mix that’s in a ready-to-eat container.
26. Simply Nature Fruit Strips Wildberry
These fruit strips will be a hit for kids who love sugary fruit snacks. They won’t even notice that these are healthier!
27. Simply Nature Freeze Dried Apples
We’ve already recommended freeze dried mangoes, but have you had freeze dried apples? They’re equally great for kids who like sweet, fruity flavors.
28. Fit & Active Caramel Rice Snacks
Caramel rice snacks are a fantastic mix of decadent caramel and crunchy rice cakes.
29. Simply Nature Organic Fruit Snacks
These organic fruit snacks not only taste great, but they come in cute animal shapes!
30. Simply Nature Apple Cinnamon Fruit Squeezies
If you have younger kids, these fruit squeezies are a great mess-free snack.
31. Almond, Peanuts & Sea Salt Nut Bars
For those with older kids, these sea salt nut bars may feel more “grown up” than some other snacks we’ve got on the list! (And yes, we think they’re great for work snacks, too!)
32. Everything Crackers
Everything flavoring is still trending … and for good reason! These crackers are great plain or with dips or cheese.
33. Parmesan Baked Cheese Crisp
Do your kids like cheesy, salty chips? These baked cheese crisps will be a great alternative to fat-filled regular chips!
34. Hippeas Vegan White Cheddar Organic Chickpea Puffs
Hippeas are another alternative for a healthier chip option. they’re also vegan if that’s important to you and your family.
35. Harvest Snaps Red Lentil Snack Crisps Tomato Basil
They may sound boring, but the flavor is anything but! We recommend tomato basil, but they also come in ranch, mango chile lime, white cheddar and more.
36. Dried Sweetened Pineapple
Dried pineapples are another healthier candy alternative for kids who like sweets!
37. Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers
We had to include these classic sandwich crackers somewhere on the list, and these peanut butter ones from Target are especially great tasting!
38. Wild Berry Fruit Twists
Fruit twists are a fun, dare we say?, twist on the classic fruit roll snack.
39. S’mores Trail Mix
This unique trail mix flavor combines two kid-friendly classics into one epic treat!
40. Sea Salt Veggie Straws
These veggie straws are another great option for chip lovers. Like other items on our list, these also come in a variety of flavors that will vary by location.
41. Great Value Chips Family Variety Pack
Is it your turn to bring snacks for your kid’s sports teams? A variety pack of chips are always a great option!
42. Belvita Soft Baked Banana Bread Breakfast Biscuits
Belvita cookies can do double-time as both a snack and a quick breakfast if you’re running late in the morning.
43. Great Value Freeze Dried Fruit Crisps
Kids can’t get enough dried fruits? These one-serving sizes may be a great option for you!
44. Great Value Fiber Brownie Chocolate Fudge
Like the Belvita cookies, these fiber brownies can be a more filling snack if you have a picky eater who won’t eat a full breakfast in the morning.
45. Pop-Tarts Baked Pastry Bites
Most kids love Pop-Tarts, but these bite-sized ones are much easier to grab and go!
46. Great Value Greek Style Yogurt Raisins
Yogurt raisins are yet another classic school treat we had to include on the list.
47. Great Value Chocolate Chip Dipped Chewy Granola Bars
Are your kids bored with plain granola bars? Give these chocolate dipped ones a try!
48. Great Value Chocolate Pudding Cups
The great thing about the beloved pudding cup? You can freeze it and have a frozen treat after school!
49. Great Value Crispy Apple Cinnamon Rice Treats
For kids who like Rice Crispy treats, these are a cheaper alternative with an apple cinnamon twist.