Air fryer salmon is a quick and easy way to cook salmon, which results in seared edges and tender, flaky center. It’s ready in 10 minutes, and it’s low carb and low calorie!
Cooking salmon in an air fryer results in the most tender, succulent and delicious piece of fish, and it’s so quick and easy too! This low carb, low calorie salmon recipe takes 10 minutes to make and is perfect as part of an easy weeknight meal. The air fryer browns the fish wonderfully, and the result is like restaurant quality seafood!
I love using my air fryer. It’s just so simple to use, and I can’t tell you how delicious this salmon came out! It’s perfect for easy family meals when time is not on your side! If you love your air fryer as much as I love mine, be sure to try my breaded air fryer chicken, air fryer potatoes and air fryer hard boiled eggs.
How to make air fryer salmon
- Cut the salmon fillets into even sizes and preheat your air fryer. You can also purchase them already pre-cut as fillets. You can remove the skin if you’d like, but it’s not necessary to do so.
- Season each fillet with garlic, paprika and salt and pepper, and drizzle a little olive oil on top. The paprika really gives the salmon a beautiful, browned color when cooked, so I love adding it to salmon. Make sure to rub the spices in for best flavor, and then place the salmon in the air fryer.
- Depending on the thickness of the salmon and the exact air fryer you have, the time could range. But on average, expect the air fryer salmon to be cooked within 7-9 minutes – that’s it! You’ll know it’s ready when it flakes off easily. Then you’re ready to serve it.
What do you serve with fried salmon?
- Salad: A fresh salad is a great accompaniment to a piece of this perfect air fryer salmon. Try it on top of corn tomato avocado salad or cauliflower tabbouleh salad for a well-balanced meal.
- Grains: Rice, couscous, barley and farro all make excellent accompaniments to salmon for a filling meal. Try it with Lebanese rice, Mediterranean couscous salad or turmeric rice salad.
- Vegetables: You get bonus points for easy with this option because you can make whatever vegetable you’re serving with the salmon right in the air fryer. It’s great with cilantro lime cauliflower rice and green beans with almonds. I opted for simple green beans, and they’re ready within 2-4 minutes!
Tips for making salmon in the air fryer
- Make sure the salmon fillets are comparable thickness. This will ensure that they all cook evenly at the same time. Depending on the size of the air fryer, you may have to cook them in batches. Then you can cook the thicker ones together if necessary.
- Check for desired doneness with a fork. When it comes to air fryers, the time needed to cook the salmon will depend on the thickness of the salmon pieces and the model of air fryer you are using. The best way to check is with a fork to see if it flakes off easily.
- Preheat your air fryer before adding the seasoned salmon. I recommend doing this in order to allow the salmon to cook evenly. This speeds up the cooking time and gives a more crisped edge to the salmon.
- Don’t over crowd your basket. If you do so, you risk the salmon not being crispy because the moisture from the salmon fillets touching each other can affect the hot air circulating around the salmon rapidly. Air fry the salmon in two batches if necessary.
What air fryer is the best?
There are so many great air fryers on the market. I have tested only two of them based on reviews, and I’m currently using and loving the Skinnytaste by Vremi Air Fryer and the NuWave Air Fryer. The Skinnytaste one is easier to clean and has higher watts (1700 vs 1300), but both are excellent.
Why cook salmon in an air fryer?
Honestly, this is the most succulent salmon, and it is really cooked to perfection! It’s so easy to throw together, and clean-up is a breeze. I love that it’s hands off so you can prepare the rest of your meal without worrying about flipping the salmon or splattering oil. Also, it’s healthier than shallow frying the fish, and the results really do speak for themselves!
Does air fried salmon keep?
Air fryer salmon is a great option for meal prep; you can easily add it to salads and grains for easy and quick lunches and dinners. It will keep well in an airtight container for up to three days. You can also freeze the pieces of cooked salmon for up to three months; just thaw in the fridge overnight and then warm until heated through.
For more air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Chicken
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- Fried Shrimp
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Fish and Chips
For more tasty fish recipes:
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Coleslaw
- Panko Crusted Salmon with Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Cod
- Salmon Burgers
- Grilled Salmon with Citrus Salsa
I really can’t wait for you guys to try this recipe! My whole family loved this delicious meal, and it is just so quick and easy! It’s the perfect easy weeknight meal and another great use for your air fryer.
More from MediaFeed:
12 things you should never, ever do in a restaurant
Featured Image Credit: feelgoodfoodie.net.